Darwinita's Little World

Here it is: where I'll collect and ruminate and blather. This one will be social/ political in nature, and will be where I stand on whatever it is the issue of the day that I choose to say "fernt" about. It just makes me so sad to see critical thinking diminish to a rare commodity.
Here is a sample of rantage from today's brainfart:
then there's that whole "global overpoulation thing." I am pro choice, and I will even go so far as to say that the planet is working overtime to reduce the human population by every means it can. Disease, natural disaster, man-made disaster- all of this is thrown at each other, and still we breed like rats and brag of our prerogative to do so. If there are too many rats in the box, they start to eat each other. Extend the metaphor as long as you like.
I am suggesting that the tendency to abort an unwanted pregnancy is merely a natural reaction to an overpopulated environment. In times of lean food sources, rabbits reabsorb ther unborn bunnies, in fact using the material to extend the mothers' own resources. Rational as we are, we are still creatures of our environment, and if it's crowded and hazardous, the whole breeding cycle goes awry.
It would certainly give those keep em barefoot and pregnant bastards pause for thought if we just kinda squinched our abdomens a bit, and said, NOPE, you can't make me gestate this sperm! Another interesting little tidbit is from "Life of Birds" with the sublime David Attenborough: there's this wacky wren that can have multipe male partners, and then accept or reject the sperm of one, the other, or neither. Ahhh, the heady power ( what a key word that is) for a quarter ounce ball of fluff that goes "meep!"
I find it just so phenomenally STUPID that people with an ostentatious personal relationship with their Savior cannot keep their views to themselves. A New Englander born (and transplanted), I believe that you can believe whatever the fuck you want to believe- just leave me the hell out of it! I won't discuss mine with you, either, unless you want to have a respectful debate for the exchange of ideas for knowledge and goodwill.
*sigh* and THAT'S why I have it in for the bunnies! *slumps against wall, sobbing uncontrollably*
Posted by: Darwinita on March 06, 2006 at 09:21pm
Poor Darwinita! Here's a dose of empathy: I'm an exiled New Englander, anchored out in the benighted mid West, where religion is the public sphere, unexamined. How to tell these whackjobs that we're fine with religion, but see it as a private matter?
But rabbits are quite nice and you must say three Hail Marys now. Pax Christi, give it to her!
Posted by: letreasonprevail on March 06, 2006 at 09:44pm


2 Comments:
Hail.
excellent blog page thus far...
Post a Comment
<< Home